Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hey Family!
I am very filled with love and gratitude today, and I don't exactly know why. Some days I just wake up on the mission and can't even express enough gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all he has given me. I don't even know where to start. But if I had to start somewhere it would be with my family. You guys have given me so much over my life, and it has been amazing to see and feel the Spirit that you bring to me every week. I am so happy that things are going well, crazy that school is starting again. I bet it will be a year to remember for the little man Carter.. Senior year. Time goes by so incredibly fast!
Crazy to see that photo, (Mitch, Corbin, Tandy, Zach and Jason) and that Mitch got home as well! They are all looking so good! What studs. Crazy how fast the 2 years flies by. Hope they are all doing great, send them my love and support! It's wild that I met Elder Healey the other day. I had to go to the MTC here and ask for a couple of documents and he just happened to be coming in, so we talked for a couple of minutes. He seems like a super great kid! I'm sure he is going to love it here in the mission.
Sorry for the lack of photos! I really haven't been taking my camera around at all lately, I need to get better at that eh. Capture the moment. It has just been crazy as usual. We do have some photos on the mission camera. I will try to take those off and send them to you one day.
Things have been great this week. It was a crazy fast week, and we weren't able to leave and work very much because of a couple of things that come up in the office. We have been passing a tough moment with our investigators. I guess Gaston moved, and we have another family we haven't been able to talk too in over a week. But we just gotta keep working and have the faith that the Lord will bless up with prepared people.

Yesterday we did see a miracle. We had to stay in the office till about 7pm because a couple of Sister Missionaries went to the hospital. As we left we weren't really sure where to go because of the lack of time.. but we decided to go to visit Yamelin (member) and her parents who aren't members. They are from Bolivia but have lived here for quite some time. As we showed up they were just starting to pack up there stuff to move.. but still in our ward :) haha. So we spent the hour and something helping them move into their new house. It was great. We showed up perfectly in time, it really was a blessing from the Lord. They were a little bit hard to get to as far as gaining their confidence, but I think the service will really help. They also have 3 new people (kids that come from Bolivia to work with them) that live in their new house. There are 2 kids that are our age and they wanna come play Soccer with us this week. We are praying that we will see a miracle with this family, they really are great!
Sometimes it can be hard when things aren't going great as far as success, but I have learned a lot about patience and having a good attitude. It's important to focus on the little things, and try to always try to make a difference in people's lives. This week we were asked to give 2 blessings to elderly ladies who are in the hospital in extended care. What an honor it was to have people put their trust in us. I felt such love and peace as we were able to give them blessings and give them promised blessings from their Heavenly Father. I have never felt so strongly in my whole life that the Lord was telling me what to say, and that I was just acting in place of him. His love for us is so profound.
This morning I was reading in Section 50 of the Doctrine and Covenants, and it really is one of my favorite chapters in all the triple. I spent a good amount of time really trying to read and understand the message the Lord has for us. There are 2 parts that really called my attention. First off is in verse 26, when the Lord talks about how those called by God to be the greatest, will serve and be the least among others. It reminds me a lot of the verse in Matthew 23:11. I can't even begin to understand the Savior's sacrifice and service, and how he never wanted any glory. I also love in verses 40-45. I hope that you guys will be able to read this Chapter and learn from the amazing doctrine. I know there is so much we don't understand, but I know that the Lord is taking care of us, and that through his infinite love nothing is impossible.
Thank you for everything you do. I hope you know how much I love you and pray for you. I hope that we will always have the desire to do good, because there isn't anything greater in this world :)
Hope you guys have a great week!
With love, 
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment