Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hey Fam!
First off I just want to send out a big congratulations to mom and dad! So crazy that it will be 30 years that you have been married. How wild. I sure hope things are going good.. because 30 years down and a long time to go ;) haha. I hope that you guys have a great day and that you enjoy some nice time together! What a blessing you two have been for me in my life. Always been such an amazing example of love and kindness, and have helped me so much with my personal struggles and difficulties. I can't thank you enough with my words, but I hope that you know I love you with all my heart.
Things are going good still here in the Offices. This week was absolutely crazy. I have never been so busy.. and a little bit frustrated at times. I am learning a lot about patience. Sometimes things just don't go so well in the tramites world with all the different rules that different countries have, it makes things a little confusing but It is a good challenge! I love the offices. It is an amazing opportunity to be around incredible missionaries. I learn a ton from the assistants. They definitely are missionaries who are obedient in every little detail and love to serve and help others. It also is awesome to be around President Robertson, and his family. He usually comes in 2 or 3 times a week. It is amazing to see how humble he is, and how much he really trusts in the Lord. It has taught me so much. He is a very simple man. Kind of reminds me of Joseph Smith in the Restoration video. Many times in the video big situations or problems would come up and the Prophet would just tell people to trust in the Lord. President Robertson shows that a lot as well. He helps us realize that we as a staff, and him, have weaknesses but we need to include and trust the Lord in everything we do, and only then will we accomplish what we need to.

As far as an SD card I am good. I moved all the photos onto my USB card so I still have an SD card left. Thanks for all the help with the stuff. I will definitely try to take a picture of the truck this week, little bit different than the Focus.. but I am getting used to driving here slowly.
This week was good! We had our first "Zone Meeting" as an office staff last Monday. It was good. It is kind of like being a district leader again. Just had a reunion, shared how things are going in our areas, and I shared a little message. It's a little less work as far as calling at nights and answering that kind of stuff. But I still talk to the missionaries about how things are going in their area and how their investigators are doing. I love it. I love to be able to know about how the progress is going and help out if I have had a similar experience. I am looking forward to being able to do splits as well, to be able to go and learn and help others. Going on splits is one of the greatest things on the mission, I love going out with other missionaries and having spiritual experiences with them. It's amazing how every missionary has his strengths, and if we are humble enough we can learn from everybody around us. It's just like every child of God. We are all blessed with amazing different gifts and abilities, and it is our responsibility to find out what they are and use them to bless the lives of others around us.
I love that story you shared with me mom. We sometimes are so hard on ourselves, but we need to realize that if we are living righteously, that we can and will bless the lives of all those around us. I have been blessed to meet so many amazing missionaries and people on the mission, that have all taught me something unique and special. I hope you guys too will be able to look past the daunting and impossible task of being perfect, and realize that you are all important in the eyes of God. I really have come to understand that through the Atonement of our Savior and through his grace our imperfections and disabilities will be forgiven. And that we can become perfected one day though him.

Elder Gerrett G. Wong shared this in a Ensign talk in July,  "For those who may feel chronically burdened or anxious, sincerely ask yourself, “Do I define perfection and success by the doctrines of the Savior’s atoning love or by the world’s standards? Do I measure success or failure by the Holy Ghost confirming my righteous desires or by some worldly standard?”
Maybe it's not a big burden in our lives. The desire to be perfect, or the feeling of not being good enough. But I believe that these 2 questions can help us out with whatever struggle we are facing. If we come to understand that through the Savior, and the Holy Ghost we can feel that we are doing our best, and the Lord is proud of us. I invite you guys to think about these questions, and ponder them. I did. And it helped me so much.
This week we met an awesome lady named Laura. She is in her mid 30's and has 4 little kids! They are sweet. She has been separated for some time now, and it has really caused a lot of stress and hardship in her life. She has felt alone, she has felt exhausted, and lots of times she just feels like she can't go on. This really has caused some problems in her life, but she has an amazing heart! She wants to overcome the hardships, and she knows she can do it with the help of her Savior. We are praying that she will come to church tomorrow with her kids!
The time is short. I feel like my 4 minutes are ticking faster every single day! I hope that you guys enjoy your last week of summer and then back to work :) best of luck to you all, especially Carter man in his big last year! Enjoy every moment, be an example, and always remember what is most important in life!
I love you guys so much. We are so blessed in every way. 

Love, Elder Hansen!

No comments:

Post a Comment