Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hey Fam! 

Thanks so much for the letters it was so great to hear from you all. First off congrats Carter! That is so exciting that you guys won it all, pretty impressive! It sounds like it was a pretty intense rivalry with Chinook, that's awesome you pulled it off! Looks like it is going to be another classic winter up there in Canada. The rain has finally gone away here and it's starting to get hot. I'm not sure if I'm ready.

Well this week has definitely been different. I think I saw all of Buenos Aires haha. We spent about 90% of the week preparing for meetings and helping out the other missionaries. We had changes this week so Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we were super busy doing this and to answer your question yes I'm still in the office. It's crazy it's already been about 4 months, the time goes by insanely fast. I also made about 4 trips to the airport to drop off missionaries that finished their missions. It is definitely a different experience haha, but I'm always happy to help, although it did make for some pretty early mornings.

Then we had a meeting with President and Hermana Robertson, the Assistants, and all the Zone Leaders here in the mission. It was pretty great. I learned a lot. We talked lots about the importance of being a Christlike leader and teaching more by example then by word. I love when Elder Packer taught "Speaking is not teaching". I feel like this is something I have learned a lot on my mission. I always thought that a great missionary or leader was one who spoke with big words and marveled the people by what they said. I have come to admire leaders like Moses who said: "Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue." 
And I love the example of Ammon who sparked interest in King Lamoni because he was quick to do all the King asked and more. Although this week wasn't full of teaching the Gospel in words I feel like serving others is something equally important.

Their was one little surprise miracle that happened this week. So the day before all the missionaries head home they have a "Noche de Conversos" or "Converts Night" where they invited their converts to come and say goodbye to them. We are always in charge of setting all the stuff up and making sure their are drinks and food for everyone. So I was their just helping out when I saw a couple of familiar faces come in, the Familia Alvarez! I guess Elder Toledo had invited them to come because he was going home. Oh boy it was so good to see them, and it seriously made me so happy. I didn't want to take away from Elder Toledo, plus I was just there to help out, but we talked for a little bit and they are doing so great. Rodrigo and Tamara went to seminary this whole year and love it. The Hermana Zuni is still doing great as always and helping and cooking for the missionaries. Martin and Luana are so cute and funny. And Federico is doing good as well, he had a tough period but has been working hard to stay active in the church. Sometimes just feels a little alone because their isn't a lot of youth. But it really touched my heart seeing them and knowing just how much love the Gospel can bring to the lives of the people. It has brought a love to my life I can never explain. I have no doubt that this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, how blessed we are to be a part of it.

Well it has been another quick week but things are great. Time to get back to work. Thanks for everything you do for me.. I am so blessed to have such great family and friends.

Love you all, Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment