Friday, October 10, 2014

October 4th, 2014 (Sorry I'm a little late on this post)


This is the Quiroa family who we watched conference with today and made brownies for them! They baked us cake, milanesa sandwiches (milanesa is like breaded chicken) they are awesome. She's an inactive member we have helped to start going to church and her husband isn't a member but he's progressing pretty well.


Hey everyone!

Sounds like everything is going great back at home, glad to hear from you guys again! Thanks for all the words of support. That is awesome that you guys are going to be able to go to conference, will be such an amazing experience for sure! I have seriously been so excited all this week to be able to watch all the sessions, what a blessing! You will for sure have to say hi to the Carter's for me. The Ashton family will also be there (the one's that trained Elder Flores and I in the offices) you will have to say hi to them as well. Hope you guys enjoy the experience and the huge blessing of listening to a modern day prophet, I seriously can't think of anything more important or more sacred.

Another week has flown by in the mission. Today we have a short P-day because we have to leave soon to go watch conference. I honestly can't even remember what happened this week haha, it all goes by so incredibly fast!

First off Teodora went to church last week and she loved it! She has changed sooo much in just 2 weeks! She is reading the Book of Mormon everyday and has really learned to love it a ton, it is amazing how much it helps with ones conversion. She also has gone from smoking 2 packs of cigarettes everyday to just 2 or 3 cigarettes, it's been a miracle. She set the goal to stop by this weekend so we are praying for her lots! She is super excited about the conference as well, she wants to go today and tomorrow! So awesome. She has definitely been able to feel the difference in her life as she has started developing her relationship with her Savior and trying to obey His commandments. The other day we saw a pretty big miracle with her. We went on splits (I went with our Bishop and Elder Flores went with our Bishop´s kids) and Elder Flores went to Teodora's house and taught her. So she lives with her sister named Juana who is a member of the church. But this day Juana was out working and ss they were teaching Teodora alone she was talking about how she was still struggling because she was home alone all day (because she doesn't have a job) and this was making it hard for her to stop smoking. During the lesson Juana showed up at the house and started listening in on the lesson. So Elder Flores and Bishop´s kids were talking about how if she puts her trust in the Lord and obey his commandments she would find a job. As they said that Teodora said "you're right, tomorrow I am going to go out and look for a job" but as she finished her sister Juana said "oh no you're not... today somebody I worked with said they needed some help, you start working next monday." Oh it was such a miracle. As they told us about it after I was so extremely grateful for the mercy our Heavenly Father has for His children. The worth of every soul really is great in His eyes.

Like I said at this time I was with our Bishop and we went to visit a less active lady who we have helped reactive, and we are also teaching her husband. He is a great guy, but is very deeply converted in his beliefs of the Bible and nothing else. So that day we talked about the importance of the Restoration and how we are guided by Prophets today. We ended up inviting him to watch conference this weekend.. so today we are going to his house and we are going to watch it on the internet! I also promised him we would make brownies since he loves them.. so this morning we cooked them and I can tell you they didn't quite turn out like yours mom.. but they will do the trick haha.

As I said the time is short, but I just wanted to share these 2 quick stories with you. Things are great here in the mission. I am learning more and more everyday. I love the Book of Mormon, day by day it has helped me change and strengthen my testimony in our Savior Jesus Christ. I just started reading it again and I have already learned so many new things, it is incredible. I have also come to understand the importance of the Atonement in my life, and in the lives of others. As we work so hard with people to help them repent and change their lives I have come to see how loving the Savior is towards everyone. I can't even express my gratitude for him. I know I have made many mistakes in my live, but I know that through him I have and can be forgiven.. as can we all. I hope you guys enjoy conference a ton and listen and apply the words and advice of our living day leaders. I know they are guided by Christ himself.

Have a great week. Send all my love to everyone.

Love Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment