Monday, September 22, 2014


Picture is with Modesto, a member in our ward.

For you mother, not a great pic but shows the different between my old shirts and my new ones. haha what happens in the mission :)

Hola todos! (Hello Everyone)

Sounds like you guys had a great week! What a blessing it is to enjoy such good company with family and friends eh. Glad that Carter is doing well and volleyball, hope the tournament goes well this week! Send the little guy my best :)

Today for our Pday we played some basketball and american football, first time in a longgg time. It was so funny. The latinos really don't have much experience with sports other then soccer, and we died laughing so many times but it was a blast. I feel blessed to be around such a great group of missionaries who are extremely great examples for me. The other day I was reading my Patriarchal Blessing and I would like to share just a part. It talks about how in my life I should be careful to choose who my friends are, because I will tend to become like them. I have found this to be so true, and am profoundly grateful for the friends and examples that I have here in the mission as well back at home.

This week I had to go on splits with the Assistants because they had a wedding! haha. Two of their investigators got married so Elder Dos Santos and my comp Elder Flores went to the wedding and Elder Webster and I went with President and his wife out to Chivilcoy to do special trainings! The Assistants and thePresident do this every couple months to talk to the mission about our focuses and to teach them how they can be more efficient missionaries. And because of the wedding they asked me to go. I was pretty honored but super nervous! haha. We went and talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon, and about helping our investigators use their agency to become converts and members more deeply converted to the Lord. We did some practices in front of all the missionaries about different teaching situations and then let them go and do practices. It was an amazingly spiritual experience for me, and I learned a ton.

After some tough time as far as working out in the mission field we have been starting to see sooo many miracles the past 2 weeks. Last Sunday our friend Cacho went to church for the first time and loved it! He is doing great and got along well with the people, I love how humble he is. Like I said we made him a cake and went to his house and ate with him Sunday morning, then walked to church together. It was a good experience for him. This week he has been hit with some problems. He lives with his daughter, and his daughter's boyfriends dad is the preacher of an evangelic church. So his daughter and all the family have been really trying to influence him to not come to church anymore and go to church with them. He is in a tough spot, but we shared deeply about the Restoration and how Joseph Smith was confused and had to ask God. We left him with the commitment to read the Book of Mormon and to pray, and I have faith he will get his answer.

I don't know if I mentioned last week about the Quiroa (Key-row-ah) that we are visiting. The mom is a inactive member but her husband and her kids aren't members. They are pretty religious and worship a lot from the Bible but we have been teaching them a lot about the Book of Mormon and how it complements the Bible and teaches us more about Christ's Gospel. They have been struggling to read but they are making good efforts, we are praying a ton that they will make it to church tomorrow. They are some of the nicest people though. The other night they invited us over to eat asado (roast/steak) chorizo (sausage) and chancho (pig) and it was unreal! They have great hearts and they have so much love, I would love nothing more then to see them have an eternal family one day.

We also have some other great investigators that we are working with. It has been amazing to show the Lord help us as we have been diligent and put our faith and trust in him. I can tell you that it hasn't been easy at all, but it has been worth it every single day. I have learned a ton. Mostly I have learned about the power of the Book of Mormon. Our responsibility as members of the church is great, to share this sacred book with everyone that we know. 

In the offices we are short on time as far as being with our investigators, but we have learned that their conversion will come through the Book of Mormon. I feel so blessed to be able to read and share it every single day, and it has brought me so much happiness. I love the words of President Gordon B Hinckley when he said  "I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness" I have seen this blessing so much in our house, and in the lives of the people here in Argentina. The small act of reading the Book of Mormon changes lives and changes our desire to do good.

This week we have transfers!! I'm pretty much positive I won't be going anywhere but it is always an exciting week, and always a crazy week here in the offices. I love being able to work with President Robertson and his wife, they are such amazing people who have so much love for others. Should be a great week, so excited to get to work :)

Hope you guys have a great week! Love you a ton and am always praying for you :)

Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment