Monday, June 23, 2014

 My first companion Elder Valdez returns home with his group.


Baptism of Gustavo


My new greenie from Chile

Hey Fam,

I honestly don't even know where to start my letter this week. It has been one of the craziest but greatest in all of my mission. Our transfer meeting on Wednesday was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever been apart of in all my life. I did not expect to cry quite so much, but I can thank you mom and dad for my weakness :) haha. It definitely was a day that I will forever remember.

First off I received my hijo! His name is Elder Maragaño (Mah-rah-gan-yo) something like that. He is from Chile and is a great guy! I have already learned to love him a lot. It makes me remember a lot about my first days as a missionary. He has a lot to learn, as do all new missionaries but the desire and the willingness to work is there which is the most important thing! He will become a great missionary. It's great to be able to get to know such great people, my companions always teach me so much! I don't have a picture of just us 2 yet but in the one I attached he's in there!

Speaking of Elder Valdes it's crazy he's going home hey! Crazy how fast the time passes by. The other day I said goodbye to him and definitely added a bit to the tears haha. The other week I was thinking a lot about the start of my mission and just how grateful I was, and am for the friendship and influence he had in that time in my life. Everyone says your first companion is your most important, and am I so grateful for him. Its been a great experience with Elder Maragaño already, to be able to teach him the ways of the missionary and the importance of what we do. It has taught me a lot personally.. and the biggest thing I have been taught is 1. Obedience, and 2. Attitude. These 2 things drive a missionary to be what the Lord expects of us.

The reunion was super special on Wednesday. I'm glad that you were able to read the Blog of Hermana Carter, I'm sure it was much more detailed then mine will be. But between singing the hymn of the mission and dedicating it to their service, and individually saying goodbye to them it was something incredible. I didn't know that I could come to love someone so much in such a short time, and in reality with so little contact. But it's truly amazing the love that the Gospel brings between people and I will forever have a special place in my heart for the Carter Family. They have changed my life. They have helped my faith become real and powerful and I hope that I will be able to see them again one day.

With that being said I look forward to meeting President Robertson and his wife. I know that they have been called by God and will continue to lead our mission and give us the direction we need. I'm sure I will come to love them a ton as well, it will be an interesting change but I'm looking forward to it!

Thank you so much for your letters. Looks like you guys had a great and busy week! So crazy Russ is heading out on the mission, so excited for the guy he will be great. If you see him before he heads out give him a big firm missionary handshake for me! haha. And tell him I love him and am praying for him :)

This week has been great! Adding to the craziness is the World Cup. Things are starting to heat up here in Argentina, especially since they qualified to move onto the next round. The more they win the crazier it will get, Im hoping they win it all! Would be a legit experience to be here during that time. Today I went and looked for a few Argentina things but they are pretty much sold out of everything right now haha everyone is going crazy and buying a ton of stuff. The streets are colored in Blue its legit!

We also had another miracle this week.. Gustavo was baptized!! It was a pretty special day for him and the Familia Torres! It has been truly incredible the change of heart and mind that has taken place in his life. I am always so touched by the willingness of people to change here in Argentina, and sometimes it makes me look at myself and wonder why I'm so stubborn sometimes. Changing isn't easy, but it is made possible through the sacrifice of our Savior. To have a true change of heart we need to understand what he did for us, and then learn to apply it in our lives. Gustavo has learnt the importance of this, and the importance of following the commandments of God. The service was pretty special, and Elder Puentes was able to return and be apart of the service which was awesome. It got Juan and Carla pretty anxious to get baptized.. but the search for their papers continues.

My mind is in about 100 things in this moment. So much to do I love it. I just want to share with you guys my love for this work, and for everyone of you. You guys make this all possible. Everyday as I wake up I give thanks for the family that I am blessed to have. I know that this Gospel is what gives us everything we could ever need. Just being in the mission this week has given me a true outlook on what is most important in life. God, and the family. I know that our Savior lives and loves everyone of you. 

I hope that you guys have the greatest week ever, and continue to be blessed. I love you!!

Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment