Monday, May 19, 2014

Sandra, Nayra, and Luz got baptized this weekend!!! :)

Photo with the Familia Torres :)

Hey Fam!!

Thanks so much for the letters! Sounds and looks like you all had an amazing week, I'm always so happy to hear from you all. Looks like the week was pretty busy but that's the way life should be eh! The hectic non stop schedule is what I like most about the mission, don't have time to do or think about anything else! Carter does clean up pretty good! Lookin pretty sharp these days my bro. The other day Jo sent me a picture of my long hair. Definitely a better look now than back then haha... I have to say the same about Carter. Long hair is fun but the short hair is definitely the better style. Crazy that so many of those kids have grown up and graduated this year... seems like yesterday we were coaching those little squirts in baseball!

Sounds like Dad is living it up on the Golf Course! You getting Carter out with you these days? Somebody has gotta give the papa bear a run for his money. That's so awesome you were able to go with Russ to the temple on Tuesday. What an amazing experience! I remember it like it was yesterday. Crazy it was almost a year ago. It's so awesome to see the blessings that come from those spiritual experiences.. hope you guys can go again with the ward!

It was amazing again to talk with you guys. Sorry for the lack of spanish haha.. I felt a little weird in front of all those people. But the Spanish has come a long way and now I love it. Kind of don't even want to speak English again :) It definitely has been a blessing to have Spanish speaking companions. There are a lot of companionships that have 2 english speakers dad, but for the majority of the time it is mixed up with Latinos and Americans. The Lord is pretty mindful of our needs and knows who we should be with.

This week was absolutely amazing! I seriously love it here in Marcos Paz. We have transfers again this Wednesday and I'm hoping that I stay here again.. but we will see what the Lord wants of Elder Puentes and I. We are seriously seeing so many miracles right now its amazing. I can't explain them all, this month has seriously changed my mission. We have been blessed to find so many amazing prepared Children of God, and to help them progress and find the true and restored Gospel.

Sandra, Nayra, and Luz were baptized and confirmed members this weekend! It was an amazing baptism service, and they all felt the spirit super strong. I'm sure it will be a day they will never forget. Sandra has 8 kids, not all of them are interested in the Gospel at this point but they all showed up to support her and her daughters which was amazing to see! Elder Puentes, Me, and our Mission Leader Hermano Arguello sang for the service. I don't know how my voice was haha.. singing has never been my strength, but the song we sang is one of my favorites. Never thought I'd see myself singing voluntarily in front of so many people, but it was truly a privilege. I can't even explain how I feel right now. To see the change that has happened in them truly touches my heart. I love this family so much. After Sandra was confirmed a member yesterday in church she began to cry. The spirit hit me so strong, I could feel without a doubt that this is the true church of our Savior.

We also have another family we are working with. There are 4 different families and some are members, some aren't.. but all the members and inactive. We have been able to activate a few of them and they are now going to church again, and some of their kids have baptism dates for June! It's been amazing to see the Lord place so many people in our way. I really feel we have been doing all we can to be obedient, and for this we are seeing so many miracles.

The Familia Torres is great as ever. Still patiently waiting. Juan (the dad) has changed a ton and is close to quitting smoking! He has a brother who lives 2 houses away from him who has always been pretty closed to the Gospel and what we do as missionaries. The last 2 Saturdays.. not including this one.. we went to his house with all the Familia Torres to do service and cut down trees. I think I told you about this the other day. But we just did this little service to help and to serve, without the thought of being blessed for it. Yesterday we were going to visit the Familia Torres and we had the feeling to go talk to Juan's brother (Gustavo) to see how he is doing. He has never shown us any signs of interest before, but yesterday he quickly invited us into his house. We shared a message about the change Juan has had and the power and influence the Lord has in our lives when we follow his will. He got pretty emotional, and we invited him to be baptized! And he accepted! As we left his house we made our way to the house of the Familia Torres, and as we entered Carla told us "Elders come quick you have to see what Gustavo sent me." In the 5 minutes we had left his house he had sent Carla and Juan a text saying how grateful he was for their example, and for the things their family had done for him. They were all crying. What a miracle! I love the mission so much.

It truly is an amazing time to be a missionary. I have such a renewed desire every week to get out and work and help the people of Argentina. Mom had a very good point about the importance of helping the recent converts. We as missionaries won't always be around.. and that's why it's important those members get involved and build friendships with the investigators and converts to ensure that their conversion will go smoothly and will be forever! I invite you guys to do all you can to be involved, and sometimes it's just the simple things. I promise you that they will make a difference in the lives of others.. and your simple acts can changes lives. I have such a strong testimony of this.

Love you guys all so much. Time to run! We are having a district activity today! We are going to play football and cook chori pan! (hot dogs) I'm excited! Will be nice to relax and have a good time! Have a great week! Keep being examples to all those around you!

With all my love!
Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment