Monday, March 17, 2014

Photo of a member that came and taught with us, and a kid from the ward! Studs!

Hey Fam!

Isn't life just the greatest! I have had such a crazy thought pattern this week. I don't know if crazy is the right word, but different thoughts. I have been so grateful everyday to wake up and be as blessed as I am, and to be living this perfect plan God has for us. What a blessing it is to be here in this time and experience all these amazing things!

Thank you so much for the Birthday Wishes! 21. Man I am getting old, It's crazy how fast the time flies by. I can't thank you all enough for your love and support. It has meant the world to me throughout my life. While I was playing hockey, and here on the mish. I have never gone a day without feeling your love. I am so blessed to have you all in my life. Give everyone my best and tell them thanks for the happy birthday wishes. I love you all!

Sounds like it was quite a tough week back home. I will not be super specific but make sure you give everyone my best. I will be thinking and praying for them all. Let them know of my love and support.. and tell them I know that their Father in Heaven loves them too. 

I'm still doing great here in Marcos Paz! 1 year older, and 9 pounds lighter haha. Today we walked by a pharmacy and saw that it had a scale, I had to weigh myself to keep the birthday tradition alive. I now weigh 197 pounds.. safe to say I've lost about 8 pounds or so.. but I'm healthy and happy!

I'm so excited that Carter got to listen to Elder Holland speak! He speaks with pure power and love, and you can't deny that he is an apostle of the Lord when you hear his voice and feel his presence. I'm sure it was a great experience for him, and I'm so proud of him for his decision to go and listen over the other things. I have learnt the important of these small decisions, and everytime we choose the things of the Lord we are blessed, and our testimony is strengthened. What a stud.

We have had a good week here in Marcos Paz. We have been hit with lots of rain which made it pretty tough, but all is well. We have been able to see lots of great people come into our pathway this week as well. The importance of listening to the Spirit is absolutely vital. We had some tough choices to make this week as far as what we needed to do, and with the Spirit and the presence of the Lord we were definitely guided. We met 2 good families, that are married, and both excited to hear the Gospel. I'm super excited to start working with them more and helping them progress. I pray that they will be able to accept the blessings the Lord has for them.

The biggest blessing has been S••••••••. He has had a tough life, and has passed through some seriously tough things. He has been able to give up drinking completely for about 3 weeks, but we went to his house on Tuesday and we found him smoking again. We were pretty shocked, he had quit for about a week but then had a relapse and smoked 2 that day. It was absolutely necessary that the cigarette he smoked would be the last one ever.. and we expressed the importance of that. We ended up making little cigarette scriptures (rolled up paper with scriptures inside) and gave them to him. Everytime he has the desire to smoke he has to read the scripture first and then decide.. and he hasn't smoked since! He passed his baptismal interview yesterday and is preparing for his baptism this Saturday! Please pray for him, he needs all the help he can get to resist the temptations of the world. He is such a stud.

I really don't have much to write this week. Where has the time gone? Every week seems like a blur now. I have been thinking a lot about what you said about my friends that are finishing their missions. What a blessing it has been in my life to have friends that have been such amazing examples and always lived the standards of the church. It has blessed me more then I could ever imagine. I was reading a quote the other day and it was talking about how people think a true friend is someone that helps you be, and accepts you as who you are. One apostle, I can't remember who was quick to decline this. He said that this definition is the farthest thing from a true friend, a real friend is someone who helps you be better than you are at that point.. and leaves you better than they found you. What truth their is in this small doctrine. I have been blessed, and so has our family for the amazing people we have in our lives. I encourage you all to keep being these types of friends. No matter how good our friends are, we can always make them better people. We can build their testimonies and help them become better everyday. This is what our Savior did. He never stopped helping his friends and serving them in every way. He left every person with a new light and desire to do good, and I know we can do this too.

I love you all. Thank you for touching my heart with your words this week. I will be sure to have a great birthday here in Argentina! I'm sure nothing too crazy or special.. but there's nowhere else I'd rather be on my birthday.
Have a great week, and know I'm thinking and praying for you all.

Love, Elder Hansen.




No comments:

Post a Comment