Monday, March 10, 2014

Hey Fam!

Thank you again for all the letters and the updates. Sounds like a crazy and rewarding week back their in Canada! Lots of great things are happening which is awesome, I love to be able to see the blessings of the Lord in your lives! They really are so evident :)

I have to touch on Tim Bozon first. That is such a sad thing I can't even believe it. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. He is such a great and talented kid. Was he playing for Kootenay still when this happened? I know that the Lord's plan is perfect and that whatever he has in store for Tim is what is best for him! I will pray that he will be able to make a full recovery.

I am so stoked for Russ! I seriously woke up this morning and couldn't wait to come here and read his letter. Maybe even a little more then your guys' today.. haha sorry. That is so awesome he will be going to serve in Rome! What a priviledge. I sent him a letter and could hardly contain my excitement. I know it will be a huge blessing in his life and he will love it more than anything! What a stud!

Give Jaclyn, Justin, and the whole Low family my best. I will be thinking and praying for them as well!

I had a question as well, is Elder Toone home from his mission? I thought that he left in February 2012 but I'm not sure.. and that's crazy Elder Hatch got home! Sure its pretty exciting for his family. Are they all gonna come up for his talk?

I have been able to get more familiar with the Area and all the stuff in Marcos Paz this week! It has been a hard but rewarding week. So our area is absolutely huge, we spend a majority of the day walking. We probably walk 15 kilometers a day or more. My shoes are definitely getting some good worth! I'm no longer in a branch but a ward, and we are the only missionaries that are in the ward. We have an average attendance of about 80 people I believe. They all seem great. The other Sunday I was able to present myself in church.. the best haha. But at least this time I was actual able to do it! You asked and about the companionship, I have the honour of being senior companion now. Right now I have to just follow Elder Muñoz cause I don't know the area well. He's great and knows the area well. He has just over 9 months in the mission, so we are pretty similar.. but his Spanish is a lot better then mine haha. The area is great I have no complaints!

We had a good week here as I said. We have once again seen a lot of the trials of the Lord in the lives of our investigators. Sebastian still feels really good for his baptism, but he was super sick and couldn't even leave his house yesterday so he wasn't able to come to church. We had to change his baptism for the other Saturday, I think the 21st? We also had an investigator called Nadia. She is super great but had been having some bad influences about the church from family members.. family members that are inactive members. That is always the hardest thing. Right now she isn't sure she wants to come to church anymore and progress, so we could really use your prayers for her!

The biggest miracle is still the Family Torres. They have gone through a lot this week but are still super strong in their decision to be married. We went with them to get a date for marriage, but they didn't have all of the papers they needed to be able to do it.. So they were pretty down about that for a bit. They called their family members to send them their papers, and their family members started saying all kinds of stuff.. like "its too much work... why get married", "why are you listening to those little kids in their white shirts".. all kinds of stuff. But it amazed me at their response. They just told their family that they know what they are doing is right and important, and if they aren't going to support them that's fine. It was amazing! It has been so cool to see the big change they have made in just the short time I have been able to be a part of their lives! 

I really don't have much to write this week. I have been super busy and I don't have much time. I hope that you guys will continue to be strong in the church and always be willing to help out others. I have learned a lot this week about our willingness and diligence in doing the will of the Lord.. and helping his children. If we want to be happy in life and achieve the Celestial Kingdom we need to develop Charity. This is something I have been working hard to develop during my time here. I have realized it's more than just baptizing as many people as I can.. but it is about truly helping people with their problems. It is about helping them develop the faith and receive the peace and love the need in their lives... and it always comes through the smallest things. The smallest acts of kindness make the biggest difference. I hope that we will always be willing to do whatever it takes to give others the happiness we have.

I love you all. Have a great week and best of luck with everything that you are doing! You are always in my heart!

Love, Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment