Monday, February 17, 2014

Doing some training at the church before our interviews.

Talking to Sister Carter while we wait for our interviews with President Carter.

Fishing with the Federico and the YM on our last P-day 

The Alvarez family and some cousins.

Hey Fam!


Glad to hear from you all again, it's always to wake up on Monday morning knowing that I'll be able to hear from you all. I can't thank you enough for the support and the love you continue to show me. I thought that after 6 months you would get sick of writing and stop haha. I'm glad to hear that you all are healthy and happy, I pray for you guys all the time. It always brings peace to my mind to know that you are all doing well. It's crazy how fast the time goes by.

We have been having a lot of rain yes, it has definitely made for a touger month of February. People are harder to find in their houses, and not as receptive to us when the weather is bad. More excuses for them to not let us in haha, but we have continued to find success thanks to the Lord and his help. We still do ride our bikes when it's raining, we usually get absolutely soaked but what can you do right. My shoes and all my clothes are still holding up good, so far I haven't had any problems related to those things. Our fishing trip last Monday was cut a bit short because of the rain. We did end up fishing for about an hour and a half, but we only caught 2 little fish. The river was super high because of all the rain, so it wasn't very good time to fish. But it was still a blast, nice to get out and enjoy some free time with the young men and relax a bit! Definitely enjoyed it.

I actually have been hearing a lot about Canada in the Olympics. All the members now know I'm from Canada and always tell me what's happening when they see me. Part of me doesn't want to hear, and part of me does. I don't hear a lot of details, they usually just say "Canada es mejor!!" which means that Canada is the best haha. They are the best. I will always have a love for Canada, and be rooting for them in my heart!

Yes we were able to have interviews this week with President Carter in Lujan. He is such an amazing man and I have grown to love him so much. Although we don't have a lot of access to him, we receive a letter every week from him, and send personal letters back every week. Through this and the odd interview I have been able to build a very good relationship with him, and I am so grateful for him and his example. We were able to have a good talk and I'm excited for the future of the mission. Things are bright here in Argentina and I know that they will only get better.

We have still been very privileged to be able to help the people here in Argentina with their problems. They continue to struggle with the rain, but they are in a condition a lot better now. We were able to clean out the house of the brother of Hermana Alvarez the other day. There was a whole crew of us! It was a good time.

This week has been a tough week in Lujan. Although there are miracles and great moments everyday, sometimes the results just aren't there. Our investigator Susanna had some problems with the law of tithing, and now is so so for her baptism. We are doing all we can to help her understand and to gain a testimony of this simple, but very important commandment. Through this process I have learned the importance of every little law, commandment, and rule that our Heavenly Father is given us. Lots of times we don't understand why, and lots of time we waste time thinking and justifying that these rules aren't important. I truly have learned the importance of trusting in our Heavenly Father in every moment and in every thing he commands us to do. He knows us better then we know ourselves, and if we really do want to be happy all we have to do is obey. Sometimes it's tough, but I know that the law of obedience is vitally important to our Salvation.

Yesterday Rodrigo (one of the kids in the Alvarez Family) and Federico (our convert from November) both gave talks in Church. They were both extremely nervous, it was the first time they have given talks but they did great! It's been amazing to see their progress and change of heart. About a month ago Rodrigo said he never ever would give a talk in church, and if he had to he wouldn't go to church that day. Yesterday he was nervous, but excited to share the stuff he had prepared! So cool. Federico gave one of the most heart felt talks I have ever heard. He talked about the power of prayer, and the story of his conversion. That he was able to pray every day for the answer, and one day he received it. He bore one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard, I was on the verge of tears. What an honor it is to be a part of the lives of people so special. I love them.

I always look forward to hearing from you guys, and being able to share my experiences here in the mission. It has been such an amazing 6 months, one with many hardships and many unforgettable moments. I love being here, and there is nowhere else I'd rather be in this moment. I love you all, and hope that you continue to feel the Love of the Savior in your lives. Have a great week.

With Love from Argentina!!
Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment