Friday, May 22, 2015

May 9, 2015

Hey fam and friends!

It has been another fantastic week that really has been very rewarding.

Right now we are doing special trainings in the mission in which we are working just us with one companionship at a time. I have really enjoyed them and have felt such a strong and special spirit being able to work directly with every companionship in the mission. It has brought a lot of light to my life. It really helps me appreciate the great missionaries that we have and their efforts, and dedication to leave everything behind to serve the Lord. I really have grown to love every single one of them like a brother and sister over my time in the mission and thank the Lord so much for this opportunity.

In our area we continue to be so blessed by the Lord. Today is Osvaldo´s baptism and I am more then excited for him, he has such a special place in my heart. The other night I had a very special experience, I just felt the impression to pray for him in my personal prayer and the strongest feeling of warmth came over me and I finished pretty emotional. It is amazing when we sit back and really try to realize what it is that we are doing... not just trying to baptize but trying to allow our brothers and sister receive the salvation and live with our Heavenly Father again. I can't think of anything great, or more special then this.

We also have Brisa, she went to church last week and is doing great! Her mom is a less active member and this week she got offered a new job that is just Monday to Friday! It is such a miracle. With her old work she usually had to work till late on Saturday (last week like 5:30 in the morning) and then Sunday as well. So this new work provides such a great opportunity for her and her daughter to progress spiritually, and we are super excited for them. Her date is for the 30th of this month.

We are still working with Marcos. He is doing well and has plans on coming to church tomorrow with his family. The other day we talked a bit about the Restoration and then they watched the movie together. He is such an intelligent kid, and little by little he is coming around. The other day we talked to Karina (his mom) and she bought her wedding dress! Big step. They are just waiting for the paperwork now to be able to get married, we are super excited for them.

We had another huge miracle last Sunday as well. We were walking through the park when a man 6'6'' said "hey Mormons, come over here" .. so we walked over a bit hesitantly and then he said "Hey I know some mormons, do you want to come inside and drink some matte?" This definitely was a little strange, but Elder Belloli and I didn't feel anything bad so we decided to go through with it. As we entered his house and sat down he introduced us to his 2 kids Isaiah (14) and Paola (12) and we sat down and talked with them all! The mans name is Omar, and he started to tell us about he knew our church. One of the first things he said was "I actually went to one of your churches this morning, out there in Las Heras, I even got up in front of everyone and bore my testimony." We were in shock... and then he went on to talk about how he was reading the Book of Mormon and everything! He explained that not too long ago he and his wife got separated and she is living out in Las Heras... and so last weekend he went out there to see some of his kids. He had actually planned on coming back Saturday afternoon but his car broke down.. so he had no way of coming back. It turns out that were he was staying are members and they were going to a baptism that night... so he ended up joining them, and then to church the next morning! To me it was such a miracle, that the Lord led us right in front of his house that exact same day.. when he was more than ready to receive us. So this week we taught him a couple times and he accepted a baptismal date for the 30th of this month, we are also working to help his 2 kids get baptized the same day. It was such a miracle, the Lord is so merciful.

Well I gotta run but I am excited to see you guys tomorrow! Thanks for everything you do and for being such a great example in my life!

Love you all!!
Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment