Saturday, February 21, 2015

Feb. 21, 2015



Elder Collins and I at the Llerenas

With Brother Llerena

With Sister Llerena




The church during our activity. Our breakfast burritos on the left.







Hey Fam!

Things continue to go great here in the office! Glad things went well back home for you all as well this week, always good to see the family so happy! How blessed we are to have the Gospel eh, sometimes I don't even realise that all the happiness that we have comes from it. Thanks a ton for all the cool stories you shared with me! I know that I often don't respond to them but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate them! It is always awesome to hear the inspirational stories and little miracles that happen daily!

That's so awesome about Uncle Robin and Aunt Melanie! Would you mind sending me their email address so I can send them something one of these days. They have always been a great support to me and I'm super excited for them.. they are gonna love it for sure! 

So this week has been a blast and has gone by just as fast as usual, but it was super great. Last Monday we had a big ward activity. We have a bunch of families from different countries so each family was assigned to bring food from their home country! And we were assigned to bring something from North America! So we cooked breakfast burritos! The cheapest and quickest haha, but they actually turned out pretty good. I'll send some pics. We fried up about 60 tortillas and then cooked the meat, eggs, potatoes, onions, peppers.. and then of course some hot sauce! There was food from so many different countries. Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia. It was definitely a success! I ate so much.. had a little bit of every flavor in my stomach. It went super well as far as investigators and less active members as well. We saw a ton of people we invited show up so that was super cool, it's awesome how activities like that can bring everyone together so well! Its so crucial in the conversion of a new member.

On Tuesday and Thursday we did splits with a couple different Zones, and on Wednesday and Friday we had Zone Conferences. So to say the week was busy would be an understatement haha but it was super fun. It has been a blast for me to get to know so many great missionaries and to learn from so many different people. Its also awesome to make so many life long friends. Its amazing how Heavenly Father has given each one of us so many different talents, and I love learning from the talents of others. I love doing splits. It has become one of my favorite things to do. The other day I was with an Elder from Argentina, Elder Manzano. We had a great day but it was also super interesting.. I usually don't tell these kind of things so be prepared mom haha. So we were leaving a members house and walking in the street when we heard a bang and then we heard this loud whizzing sound pass our ears... and then something drilled the tree in front of us. I was super shocked. As we came to our senses we realised that somebody had shot some kind of pellet or BB at us! haha crazy kids. Seriously hey! But what can you do right? Right after this the Lord blessed us and we found and taught an awesome new family! It's true when they say that the trial (or the moment of doubt) always comes before the blessing.. and that we always have to show our faith!

This same night Elder Collins and Elder Young had a family home evening with our bishop and 2 young couples that we are teaching! I was sad that I couldn't be there but Elder Collins said it went really well and that the 2 couples really enjoyed it! He said they really opened up and loved seeing how the Gospel has blessed our bishops family and how happy they are thanks to the church. They are both progressing really well, but we are working a full to try to get them married! Its looking really good though, just need a little more faith right!

So I'm not sure if I told you too much about it but we are teaching another family and the little girl should be getting baptised next Saturday! She is going to have her interview today. They are cousins of a member family, which is super nice. The little girl is named Daiana, she is super funny and is super kapa! Her parents are progressing too but they need a little more work to be able to be baptised, so we are hoping that Daiana's example will help her parents make the next steps that they need too! So ya I'm super excited about that, it will be awesome!

Also Elder Emry my old companion told me a couple days ago that a couple of the investigators we were teaching in Catan should be getting baptized today.... so I'm hoping to hear good news!
It's amazing how everyone has their time. The other day when I was in Lujan I heard that a kid named Juan that I was teaching while I was there (he's a cousin of the Alvarez family) got baptised just a couple weeks ago! I was so happy to hear it. I learned the importance of the scripture in D&C 64:33 .. that we should never get tired of doing our best, working hard, and being good people because we really are "laying a foundation of a great work" I hope you guys always can have the faith and the attitude to continue even when things get hard, and know that the Lord WILL and HAS to bless us as we are obedient, but He doesn't have to bless us now. I have learned that everything has it's time and that He knows when we will really need the blessings... but we need to be diligent right now to receive them.

Well life's good. The mission is great. My comp is a stud I learn a ton from him everyday. We have such an awesome staff here and I'm so happy to be around them all everyday. Hope you all are great and just changing lives and stuff.
The other day President Robertson shared a cool story. About how he used to have to meet with a general authority like twice a week to talk about some church issues. He said that EVERY TIME that he met with this general authority he asked him "what did you do to change a life today?" It's such a simple question, but so powerful.. and I have been putting a lot of thought into it lately. I want to invite you all to think about it too, I know if we can come to understand it and live up to the invitation that we can changes lives daily.

Love you all!

Elder Hansen.





No comments:

Post a Comment