Monday, December 22, 2014

Hey everyone!

Well what a week it has been here in the mission! Things finished out in the office on a pretty high note, the mission christmas party was definitely a success! We started off with the regular transfer meeting, then we sang some Christmas carols, played a game, ate lunch, had a musical devotional, and watched a movie! It was awesome. The music that Hermana Robertson put together with some of the missionaries was definitely very inspirational, I sure wish I could sing haha. We watched a movie called "Ephraim`s Rescue" and oh boy was it ever a tear jerker, it definitely had me a little teary eyed. I would recommend it to all who read this. It made me realise and really understand how much the pioneers sacrificed, and how much I have in my life and how good I have things. I has definitely changed my attitude on walking 15 kilometres a day, I can't imagine what they did. You should definitely all watch it, it's incredible!

Well now the fun part. So in the office we always know the changes about 4 days ahead of time to be able to prepare everything. So the assistants had put me in one place, and to tell you the truth I didn't really believe them because its normal to hide the change to the office elders that are leaving. So for 4 days I was just dying to know where I was going to go. So Wednesday the transfer meeting came along, and it was announced that I would be serving in Gonzalez Catan with Elder Emry! I was so stoked. Catan is one of the most "prestigous" I guess you could say, areas of the whole mission. It has a rep for a couple things. Great members, lots of success, and for being very dangerous (but don't worry mom) haha :) . I was also super stoked because Elder Emry and I served in the same Zone when I was in Marcos Paz, so we already know each other super great. It has been an awesome couple days here, I absolutely love it! There have been a ton of great missionaries come through here and the ward is super strong. I'm in Catan 3A, and Elder Valdes actually served in Catan 3B. So same ward but different area of the ward. I also feel pretty humbled to be able to serve the other missionaries as well and it's going to be a great experience. 

We have a couple great families we are working with. One is going to get married on the 9th of January if all goes well! And the other family is working on their papers to get married. The family that's working on their papers actually came to church yesterday for the first time! It's Gaston, Monica and then their 2 little girls! they are super awesome, just such a happy family. This area is definitely one of the most humble places I have been in my whole mission, if not my whole life. But it is truly a blessing to see how much these people love their family, and how much they love their Savior. It is a blessing to see how they can look past the material possessions and really understand what happiness is. I can't even explain it. But I am super happy.

I was actually pretty nervous Wednesday morning. Partly to see where I was going to go, and partly to have to leave to the mission field and walk all day long! haha. After being in the office for 5 months I thought my legs were going to die. but the Lord definitely has blessed me so much. I feel so excited every morning, but walking outside all day definitely gave me a pretty nasty sun burn haha.

I don't think I have ever felt such a strong desire to share the Gospel in my whole life, I really feel like this is such a special time in my mission.. and a special time for everyone. I can't describe how much I love my Savior, for His love, His patience, and His willingness to help us. I know that He lived and died for us. And I know that He lives today and continues to be the perfect example that we can follow. I truly do believe in miracles, and I consider being a member of His restored church one of the greatest miracles in my life. I hope that we can all truly remember Him this Christmas. Not just think about Him, but remember and study His life, come closer to Him and understand better His Atonement. I know that if we do that we will feel an indescribable happiness. This is my testimony.

I am going to keep this short because we will be talking on the 25th! So excited. Hope you guys have a great week and I will see you all  in a couple days, give everyone my love and the best Christmas Wishes!

Love you all, Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment