Monday, January 6, 2014

Cutting grass on a vacant lot by the church with Rodrigo. 

Hey Fam! 

Thank you for the pictures! I am blown away by that rink at the Cabin, that thing is so legit. Looks like you guys are just living the life with no worries. And dad I can tell from the picture how good your form is! Now I know where I got my few skills from! Looks like things are great and cold up in Canada, wouldn´t want it any other way right. I often tell everyone about Canada, the snow, and how cold it is and they are just blown away. Most of them have seen snow once or twice in their lives, and it never was enough to actually stay on the ground. Crazy how different the world is. I have moments where I am dying of heat, but for the most part Im doing good. Just gotta learn to deal with it and drink a lot of water, but all the members keep telling me the worst is still to come.. how nice eh haha.

I cant believe Jonny got called to Argentina! That is so awesome! You will have to tell him congratulations for me, and tell him that Argentina is the best and that he will love it! Do you know what MTC he's going to report too? Its wild that those kids two years younger then me have left and are leaving to serve. So many missionaries these days, its great.

I am so sad to hear about Taylor Elliot, that is so horrible that that happened to him. He was such a nice kid, I know I only played hockey with him for one year but he always was a great guy to the younger players. I am also extremely glad for the plan of salvation. It is something we teach a lot here, and although it´s sad.. the people that have been through the hardest things are often the most receptive to the Gospel and it´s teaching. I know that his family will see him again. And even if they aren´t able to be taught by the missionaries now, I hope that they will be able to have this knowledge and this peace of mind that we have. I have no doubts that there is a life after this one.

Just like Christmas we had a regular day New Years, were able to teach and proselyte for most the day. But in the night we were able to spend some time with the Peralta´s and eat asado.. which is cow meat. It´s the thing to eat down here, it is so good. I have a lot of pictures, I will have to send you some one day. We were able to spend time there until about 9:45 because we had permission as a mission to be out a little bit later that day. The people down here are crazy about there fireworks yes. On Christmas, and New Years they all light off a ton of fireworks at midnight! On Christmas I woke up to a bunch of loud bags, but on New Years I was so tired I just slept right through it haha. I think that New Years is bigger then Christmas here, and it´s crazy how different their traditions are because it is Summer and not Winter. Definitely a different thing for me but I loved it all the same!

The picture I sent this week was one of us cutting grass by the church. Nobody owns the property so there were weeds about  8 feet high! We didn´t have a machine to use, so we got 2 machettes.. (help me with the spelling haha) and were able to cut down about half of the weeds. It was some tough work, but it was a lot of fun haha. We were able to do it with President Peralta, and Rodrigo who is in the picture. He´s one of the boys in the Alvarez Family, stud. That was our excitement for this week!

We had a miracle this week at the church which was pretty special. This past month has been tough for us, we have been able to find and teach lots of good people but getting them to progress towards there baptisms has been hard. We have one investigator named R••••••, she is great but she can´t really remember the things we teach her. She wants to get baptized but she needs to attend church another time before she can. She told  us she would be waiting for us to pick her up on Sunday morning, so we went.. and she wasn´t there. She forgot and left. We were a little frustrated as we went to the Church without her, because now we have to move her baptism back another week. But as we got the church and entered the chapel there was this man that we didn´t know, so we approached him to see who he was. And the first thing he said to us was "quero bautizarme" which is "I want to be baptized" we were in shock. He was an old investigator of missionaries before, but had some problems with his health. But now he is feeling better, and we were able to visit him yesterday and plan to help him be baptized! What a blessing from the Lord. We had been working hard and not having much success, but as we continued on the Lord placed a man in our path, a man prepared. His name is J•••• so if you can pray for his baptism on the 18th we would greatly appreciate it!

I love you guys all so much. Everyday the mission gets better as I learn more about how to do the work, and more importantly learn the will of my Savior. He only wants the best for each and every one of us. Those who have the Gospel and those who don´t. I love being able to spread his Gospel with others, and more importantly his love. Everybody needs the healing and loving power of the Savior in their lives, and I hope that you guys too are able to share it with others. I have learned the smallest things make the biggest difference, I hope that you will always remember this, and continue to be examples to all those around you. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment