Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

Baptism of Oscar, Andrea, and Maria 



Hola hola!

Thank you all so much for the letters. Looks like you all had a great week, good to hear! Glad that things went well!

What a fantastic week it has been here in the mission. It is incredible how fast the time flies by. This week has been awesome for many different reasons. 

So I officially am no longer in Rodriguez, and technically don't have an area anymore. But Elder Collins and I are companions again which I am loving! We have been called to travel in the mission and do divisions with the Elders out in the mission field, and boy is it a blast! We are pretty much just traveling around with a sleeping bag, air mattress and a change of clothes haha.. sounds like camping no? Last week we were able to go to 2 different areas and we are hoping to go to 3 this week. We just travel in a bus from area to area and eat whatever we can find. It's a pretty incredible opportunity. I'm learning a ton from the missionaries and we have been able to see so many miracles!

I love the tender mercies of the Lord. So President allowed me to go to the baptism of Oscar, Andrea, and Maria!! I can't express my joy and happiness for them, they are such amazing people and it was such a tender moment for me to be able to witness their baptism, and see their big day finally come. They are incredible. I was given the opportunity to share my testimony in the baptismal service and I was pretty emotional, it was a very special moment for me and it really meant a ton. It was amazing to see Oscar cry haha, it was the first time I have ever seen him tear up.. shows just how powerful the Spirit is and just how much it can touch the heart of one.It had to be one of the highlights of my mission, I was so happy for them. They also go married on Friday.. I didn't go but Elder Schoonover told me it was awesome.. so cool! Eternal families :)

Today we decided to go visit some our converts during our Pday since we were close! So Elder Collins and I were able to go visit Ruben and Osvaldo.. it was so cool to see them and hear how they are doing. Another tender mercy from the Lord for sure. I love the Gospel and how it changes the heart and lives of one.

This week has been such a blessing. Elder Collins and I seriously love the mission, and the missionaries more than we can express. We feel so privileged, and also under qualified.. we really are trying to make whatever difference we can, to be able to bless the lives of others... whether it be the missionaries or their investigators. I thank our Heavenly Father every day for this amazing opportunity to serve and I really can't express what it means to me. I think if their is one thing I have learnt in the mission is charity, and it's all come from coming to know better my Saviour. 

I love you all. Hope you know that. I feel so blessed for all that I have. Thanks for being apart of my life. So on the 3rd I don't know if I will be writing or not, but I will maybe have a moment. I had an idea. I wanted to invite you all to share you testimonies with me that last day, I think it will be pretty cool and special.

Well time to grab my sleeping back and air mattress and get to work :) haha

Love you all!
Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment