Monday, October 28, 2013

At a mission transfer meeting

Hey family! 

I love you guys so much. thank you for the kinds words and all the updates on life, every week things just seem to get better and better there in Magrath. I can't help but thank the Lord every week when I read what you guys have to say. I'm glad things are well and that you are as busy as ever, even though it's a lot sometimes I figure life is all about go, go, go. haha. You need to make the best of the opportunities while you have them! I cant believe another week has gone by, seems like a lot is happening these days. Especially volleyball, I can just imagine Carter out there on the court destroying it. Makes me proud! 

Snow!, Seriously? I don't know why I'm surprised but I am, all I know is that summer isn't for 2 months here and I'm already dying, it's gonna be rough. haha.

I don't have much time today because we had transfers, which Is why I'm emailing so late.. and no I didn't get transferred. haha. But I'm going to jump right into your questions. We live about a 10 minute walk from the church so its not bad at all, we have a key so we are going to try to start playing soccer there every Monday, plus we play every Wednesday night with the men in our branch.. its fun! I'm terrible but they all love the uncoordinated Canadian. 

We actually shop every week at Walmart! We have one here in our area, its super nice.. definitely not up to the standards in Canada but its got everything we need. We have debit cards, and we can take our money out at the start of every month. They are definitely on top of everything and it all works very smoothly. Its a good system. Dad I tried using my debit card for the first time this week and it didn't work.. so maybe send me some information about it? I'm not exactly sure how to access it. I didn't need the money I just wanted to try and see if it worked.

This week in Lujan was great! I have to be honest when I say the week was very long at times. We struggled all week to find new investigators and teach lessons, it was just one of those weeks that wasn't going our way. But we stayed positive and worked hard, and in the end we were rewarded. we found a couple new investigators and had 2 baptisms! Yes O••• and I••• were both baptized this Saturday! I've had a lot of special days in my life, and this was definitely right up there. To see the change in them, especially O••• in just a short 4 weeks has been such a testimony builder to me. Many of the people in the world don't feel the spirit. Our job as missionaries is simply to invite the spirit into their homes and into our lessons, and then the spirit does the rest. As we simply just visit their home, pray with them, and bring a feeling of peace and love.. the change that occurs in their hearts is tremendous! O••• has gone from a man who wanted nothing to do with us, to a man who is filled with love and happiness. It's amazing.

So the baptism day was quite special. The warm water in the font wasn't working so we had to go 3 hours early, heat water on the stove and mix it with the cold water in the font.. definitely a different experience but it all made for a great day. O••• this past week had been having some doubts about his baptism, but when he showed up the day of I couldn't have been happier! In all seriousness I was having doubts and was worrying a ton, but we had faith he would. And we were so happy. I••• was super excited for this day too, and so was her dad. He was able to baptize both of them! Seeing them all dressed in white was such an amazing site.. I have some great pictures I will send to you. I••• was first to be baptized.. and her father was overcome with tears as he did it. The spirit was so strong. But the miracle for me this week was O•••. As I told you he has some problems with his body, so they weren't able to baptize him the normal way. Instead they planned on having him get down on his knees and put his whole body under the water. I can tell you I had tears in my eyes, as he struggled for about 2 minutes to get into position. A man who wanted so bad to be baptized, it was extremely special, and as he went under the water and came out he had the biggest smile on his face. The next day they were both confirmed members of the church and given the Holy Ghost. I don't think I have ever fully realized before in my life the importance of the Holy Ghost, its companionship and support really can change lives.

I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve. some days its hard, but its never not worth it. The Lord always has blessings promised for those who are willing to serve him. I'm grateful for you guys and your willingness to serve him and for the example you have always been to me. I'm sorry this letter is so short, but time is short today we still have a lot to do!

I just wanna finish with my testimony, I have always loved this church, but this is the first time in my life where I have put the Lord first. and the difference I see everyday is incredible. I challenge you all to put the Lord first, and really study from his word! 

I love you all so much, thank you for everything!

Love, Elder Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment